Monday, December 8, 2014

All I want for Christmas is...

I actually don't want or need anything for Christmas. I am thankful for all that I have, my family, my health & happiness. Honestly, as cheesy as it sounds, (I know I say this every year), but I want to help another young adult cancer survivor. Yes, that's what I want for Christmas. :) I know that everyone is used to me fundraising for The SAMFund, and I appreciate every single donation made to every campaign and event I've been a part of. It's no different this year-- this is what I am passionate about. I want to pay it forward, and will do for the rest of my life.  This year has been both one of the best and one of the hardest years of my life. I gave birth to my two beautiful twin daughters, Zoey & Abigail. Every single day I am thankful for them. I was blessed, and still am. They have been the two lights in my family's lives these past few months. We are all so blessed to have Zoey & Abigail in our lives because like I said, this year has also been very rough. I lost my grandmother to cancer this past spring, just a few short weeks after my babies were born. In the past year, I've lost two friends to cancer. In the past six months, my father has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing treatment and preparing for a possible stem cell transplant this January. It makes me hate cancer even more, which I didn't think was possible, but it is. I try to always look at the silver lining though. It obviously teaches us a lot, but for me personally, it also lights the fire even bigger. I now have been on both ends of the spectrum- both having cancer, and having my loved ones go through treatment. It's not easy. It never will be, but if I can help make the lives of a young adult survivor just a little easier, if I can help them move forward, then I know that I'm doing what I was meant to be doing with my life. I'm simply asking that during this time of giving, that you consider making a donation to my campaign. I am living proof of the impact that that money has on people. That money that you donate changes lives- it helps survivors pay their co-pays, their rent, their utilities, it helps with family planning options, insurance, among many other things. Survivors have gone through such a traumatic experience, let's help raise money that will in turn reduce their stress and help them move forward and take their lives back, back from cancer. If you would like to make a donation, you can find my campaign page here.

Thank you.

xo, k


No comments:

Post a Comment