Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Last Scan Ever.

Last month, on Halloween to be exact, I received my LAST CT SCAN EVER. This is ten years later. Well, almost ten years. December 10 will mark ten years since I got into my accident. December 16 will mark ten years since my back surgery. December 18 will mark ten years since my port was surgically implanted in my chest. December 22 will mark ten years since my first chemotherapy treatment.

It's pretty unbelievable. 

I went in just a couple weeks ago for my check up with my oncologist following this last scan, and I am happy to say that there is still no evidence of disease, and that I am perfectly healthy. My chances of recurrence are so low at this point, ten years out. I'm finally just a regular patient, like everyone else.

Dr. Sivarajan told me that I do not ever need to come in for another CT Scan, ever again. I didn't really ever think about this day much. I guess it was in the back of my mind, but I am quite pessimistic at times regarding my health, kind of always waiting for something bad to happen, again. I am blessed. When I walked out of that appointment, I sat in my car and starting crying. I couldn't believe it. I am done being poked, scanned, I am done paying CANCER bills. I'm done with everything.

That entire experience that I went through was obviously life-changing, as I'm sure if you know me, you already know that. It really shaped me into who I am, and made me really appreciate what I have. It's also pretty amazing that this celebration of mine coincides with something else very near and dear to me, The Samfund.

I know-- you're all probably all too familiar with my talk about how much I love The Samfund, but it's the honest truth. I'm sure you all know that I received a grant back in 2008. I'm sure many of you have either been to the fundraisers that I have helped plan for the past 7 years, and I'm sure many of you have donated to my online campaigns in the past. But let's not stop it here. I am asking you for your continued support.


No donation is too small. 

I am asking you to help me celebrate ten years by making a donation my online fundraising campaign for The Samfund on Giving Tuesday. 

Please help me give back to those who are in the shoes that I was once in. My goal is to raise $1000, and The Samfund has a generous donor who will be MATCHING up to $12,500 TODAY!  How amazing is that? 


Thank you, as always

xo,
k

No comments:

Post a Comment